Topic: DP-10X built in speakers for Pianoteq?

Hi, I am new to pianoteq and these forums. I have a DP-10X Piano and was interested in using the pianos speakers to output Pianoteq from my computer. The piano has midi out, USB to host, aux in and line out. Is it possible to do this and if so some instruction would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tim

Re: DP-10X built in speakers for Pianoteq?

I don’t have the DP-10X, but because I has aux-in, it likely will allow you to use the speakers as PTQ outputs.

1. Connect the piano’s USB out to your computer’s USB in.
2. If your computer has stereo line out, connect it to your piano’s aux-in. If not, connect your computer’s headphone output to the piano’s aux-in and turn the computer’s output down a couple of notches from maximum.
3. Look in your owner’s manual to find out how to turn your piano’s sound engine off (or try turning the volume down to 0).
4. Pianoteq, once loaded, might find the MIDI input from the USB cable automatically but, if not, there is a setting for that in the options menu. Let me know if you can’t find it.
5. Turn on your piano, if it isn’t on already, and play it see what happens.

If the USB MIDI link isn’t working the keyboard display in Pianoteq won’t respond when you press the keys on your DP. If that part is working but you don’t hear Pianoteq, then unplug the audio cable from the computer to see if your computer’s speakers (if it has speakers) output Pianoteq. If that doesn’t work, plug headphones into the computer’s headphone jack to see if a signal is getting to the jack from Pianoteq. If you need to troubleshoot the piano’s aux port, you can play music into it from a known good source, such as a smartphone’s headphone jack. Make sure the piano is set up to forward sound from the aux port to the speakers (is there a separate separate volume control for that?)

Good luck!

Last edited by SHartger (19-11-2017 02:22)

One problem I can anticipate is that when you turn the Piano's sound down, it might cause the AUX input to be lowered too.  If that's the case it would be tricky to solve.  I wish I could put the Pianoteq through the Casio PX-150 speakers but it seems like too complex of modification.  It has no AUX in.

Last edited by GRB (20-11-2017 19:31)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

Thanks very much for the detailed response and I am sorry I have not responded sooner.