Topic: how to load all my presets to anoter computers Pianoteq ?

Need Help, i don´t get it !
i had a read at the Manual. it made nothing clear.
i just tryed shuffle around my files by hand. I don´t arrive.

how do i get the whole "My Presets" Folder into my second Pianoteq installation/other computer ?

Re: how to load all my presets to anoter computers Pianoteq ?

Once you are able to find the folder (that contains the custom presets you have created) on the parent computer, you should be able to copy that folder to a new location on the subsequent computer and be ready to go.

Cheers,

Joe

P.S.  The process is similar to a new computer copying an .fxp file from an older computer and running that new .fxp file.  The only difference is that we are speaking of an entire folder instead of just one .fxp file.

Last edited by jcfelice88keys (11-11-2017 03:24)

jcfelice88keys wrote:

Once you are able to find the folder (that contains the custom presets you have created) on the parent computer,..........

Thanks Joe, but here my probelem lies.......I can´t find anything.
OSX 10.11
the mac is still after 6 years of using one a totally confusing machine to me.
anybody any tipps where exactly to surch ?

open the Finder and search for a preset you know you have created by it’s name in the finder search field. The result should show you the path of the folder its in which will probably be where all your presets are.

ok, wow, i have it !.......but its strange:
( ok, this becomes very long, and i might want to point the moddart support to this here. )
----> (there is some , OSX based, inconvenience in my opinion)
-----> ( if you are very familiar with Mac OSX ( 10.11) please read, otherwise probably better not, exept the next two small sections)

__Ok, solution for my problem:
in Pianoteq, in the presets management window, a double finger click/right click, shows as option:
"open the presets folder in file manager".
Ok, i´ve donne it right now, and indeed do i get to see the presets folder, and its path/all previous folders in the chain.
problem solved !

__now the strange thing:
i open the fider in another window again by clicking the finder icon, (same sized window, parallel placed to get a similar view),
but i really CANNOT see that specific folder  in my own Finder window ( the first direction/path),
while ( i repeat) the Pianoteq finder window is showing it.

( now i understand, i had that same problem several times with other software )

the path shown in the Finder  is,
Homesymbol.......User, my Name
Pictures, documents, downloads, Movies, Music etc. ( i have it in German language)

now, In "Pianoteqs finder window" do i get to see also: *Lybrary* ( indeed in english)
in my self opened Finder window NOT !

the filepath shown from pianoteqs "finder-window":
Homesymbol....user(my Name)/ Library/ Application support/ Moddart/ Pianoteq /Presets / My Presets

In my own Finder-window do i have to click the computers name ( a macmini, OSX 10.11).
And then do i have two options to get a *Lybrary* folder to see:
directly the first subfolder after the computers name:
*Lybrary*  / Apllication folder /........ but NO Moddart folder to find afterwards !
the other option to get a *Lybrary* folder to see is:
Computer-Name / User / for all users / Lybrary** / Application Support / .....and then strangly: Nothing/empty
(** thats the path where all my Native Instruments VSTs/lybrarys are to find to give a example.)

ok, if somebody is understanding what happens here....... ?
and how i can dive to the Presets folder without opening it from Pianoteq would give me much likely much insight of how that ç"%/( OSX is organised ?

Thanks for reading anyway !
edit: and thank you rAC

Last edited by Funky40 (16-11-2017 13:27)

In macOS, the user library folder is hidden by default.  To open it, click the Finder Go Menu.  You'll see a bunch of normal folders.  Now hold the option key and the Library folder will show up.  Select it and it will open the Library folder.  Now you can navigate to Application Support/Modartt and see your preferences and presets.

Alternatively, press this button in Pianoteq's preset browser and it will open the folder where presets should be copied to:

https://i.imgur.com/ztQymhz.png

Hard work and guts!

Much Thanks dbudde and also EvilDragon.

i might have to ask some german speaking people,
but i consider "my problem" as beeing solved

the prest problem anyway