Topic: And an organ that produces pitches from waves

Admittedly, this is getting a little off the subject of both Pianoteq and the Houston Piano site that I linked to earlier, but I think this will still be of interest--an esplanade and steps in Croatia designed to act as an organ. Or an enormous, stone. wet harmonica:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n86pF-wQKrw

EvilDragon, are you in Croatia? Is this sea organ well-known there?

Last edited by Jake Johnson (03-08-2017 19:42)

Re: And an organ that produces pitches from waves

Yes!

Been there a lot of times, absolutely love the town. I'm not sure if the general population is well-acquainted with it, though. I suppose those who visit Zadar and its surroundings got to know it first-hand, but others might've seen it on TV or something. It depends. Bottom line is, it's a marvel of architecture, and a really interesting sound too.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Yes!

Been there a lot of times, absolutely love the town. I'm not sure if the general population is well-acquainted with it, though. I suppose those who visit Zadar and its surroundings got to know it first-hand, but others might've seen it on TV or something. It depends. Bottom line is, it's a marvel of architecture, and a really interesting sound too.

One of the few instruments that hasn't been sampled or modelled? Or are you working on that?

It's kinda impossible to sample it cleanly because of lots of extraneous noises produced by sea waves and people around... And when there are no waves, it doesn't produce any sound, since it works on the principle of displacement of water (AFAIK).

Last edited by EvilDragon (03-08-2017 21:25)
Hard work and guts!

This organ was designed for this player:

PunBB bbcode test

Haha! Yeah, that could be the case

Hard work and guts!

Beto-Music wrote:

This organ was designed for this player:

lol, but I disagree, most Slavic Gods or Goddesses (even demons) in mythology are also of water, rivers or seas... so the chance that it was designed for a Greek\Roman God is slim.

Last edited by Lucy (05-08-2017 00:08)