Topic: Setting a fraction of the sustain pedal

Hey (or greetz as they used to say) to the PTQ forums.
My first post includes a question stemming from an initial question having been answered quickly with the aid of the intuitive interface as follows:

Question:
With the limitation of having a non-variable sustain pedal giving an either hard 0 or 1, is there a way to define, within Pianoteq, the value 1.00 to equal e.g. 0.66 regarding sustains? The pedal can be right-clicked and a text-box allows for a fraction of 1 entered, but once such a pedal disengages and engages again, it reverts back to 1 and no longer takes into account the user value.

Answer:
Within Options → MIDI tab, Controller 64 (Sustain) and any other controller value can be defined by the user besides the default 1.00, and it will be respected throughout playing. Preset-saving is also available.

An unanswered question arises:
Can these presets be MIDI-learned/selected? I.e., could there be a few user-defined presets, one with .50, and the other with 1.00 defined for Controller 64, and then somehow utilize a midi-device to select between them quickly mid-playing? This is obviously a workaround for lacking a continuous/variable controller, but it could be useful for half-pedaling or even some other things if it could be controlled by some extra midi device within reach while playing for one with hardware limitations. Any thoughts?

Thanks, and thanks to the team for the software and the forums.

Re: Setting a fraction of the sustain pedal

Instead of using Options->MIDI tab, you can use the sustain pedal curve instead. This is per-preset then. Click the VELOCITY text on the velocity curve and you will see a variety of curves you can set.

Hard work and guts!

Re: Setting a fraction of the sustain pedal

Thanks for the reply EvilDragon, didn't see that one.
With that in mind, I can assign control with MIDI learn (CTRL+Click on a preset) after making a few presets with various sustain pedal curves.
Nice