Topic: Persistent parameter freeze

I find the key release and pedal noise excessive, so the first thing I do when I fire up Pianoteq is to bring the volume on those down. I can freeze these parameters so they're kept when I change to another preset, but the next time I start Pianoteq, the parameters are no longer frozen. Do you know if there's any way to make the parameter freeze options persistent so I don't need to continually check the boxes on every startup?

Re: Persistent parameter freeze

Whenever you view the Pianoteq "Parameter freeze" pane, again, located at the bottom of it are three (3) buttons. Of which, the middle one labeled "Set as default" makes parameter freeze settings permanent.

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (17-05-2017 17:58)
Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Just register your setting on a new preset (right click on the register icon, give it a name, save and that's it)

Last edited by stamkorg (17-05-2017 08:46)

Thanks both for replying. I feel a bit silly about not noticing the "default" button, which is exactly what I was looking for. The preset thing appears (to me) to be pretty useless for global changes though - this saves everything, so changing to a new piano will revert all the settings, other than the mini-presets which are limited to specific areas. Anyway, I have what I need, so thanks ... back to Clair de Lune now

You'll find out if you freeze all parameters, that all the sounds for, say, D4 will be the same.   Makes life simple.

I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order