Topic: Yamaha ARIUS YDP-143 (GHS)

0, 32, 95, 127; 0, 1, 126, 127

Medium (Default) curve on the ARIUS.

Re: Yamaha ARIUS YDP-143 (GHS)

Hi all

I have been working very hard to improve the linear velocity response of the YDP-143 (GHS action). I guess my ear is much more critical now after so long working in this area. What I like especially about the Yamaha GHS digital piano actions is the fact that the keys do not rub against any key guides ('cause there aren't any), the fact that the velocity response is very reliable and the fact that the action frame is of plastic which means it is easier to level. The process of levelling took a while and I have also adjusted velocity curve, lid position. I shall post the latest .fxp offering soon.

Actually, I paid another visit to the local music shop and checked out all the actions. To cut a long story short, I'm very happy with the GHS in the 143.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

CORRECTION: There ARE (of course) key guides.

Today I have (as usual) continued to work on adjustments in Pianoteq (velocity curve etc.) and physical adjustments to (level) the YDP-143. I am very pleased with the sound and feel of the instrument (through Pianoteq). I need to double check later with fresh ears before posting .fxp etc..

Kindest regards,

Chris

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/file/7wt3ghnd

for Yamaha GHS action DP's

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Hi all,

I'll try to be brief. Bought two "FINNVARD" solid beech trestles from IKEA as a solid base for my YDP-143. Very, very pleased with them and the results (after card shimming) on velocity consistency as compared to all previous stands, dedicated and otherwise. And they cost me a fraction of the price of any of the big name brands of stand - a mere £25 (GBP) each.

I am presently using default (normal) curve in Pianoteq (straight/diagonal) and within cantabile I'm using an "Enhance" curve (slider set at #35).

Lid position set to #74 gives smoothest chromatic runs (more testing required) and other adjustments such as levelling unison width and detune were made.

More to follow,

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Oh, and happy Easter all

Hi all,

Yamaha GHS keybed action keyboard/digital piano owners may wish to try this...

I'm running Pianoteq in Cantabile (2.0 Solo) in order to utilise Cantabile's Velocity Curve filter. My current settings use two instances of this Velocity Curve filter.

Velocity Curve filter instance 1.

0 / 127      ->      1 / 127

Enhance 0.30

Velocity Curve filter instance 2.

0 / 127      ->      0 / 127

Enhance 21

This works very well I think.

Kindest Regards,

Chris