Topic: Pianoteq note off velocity and velocity calibration on Casio PX-5S

I use Casio PX-5S with Pianoteq, and I did velocity calibration a few days ago.

When I got to note off velocity calibration Pianoteq told me my keyboard does not sends note off velocity information, so I thought Pianoteq would skip this step, but It still asked me to do all the steps to calibrate note off velocity.

So my question, Is there any point to calibrate note off velocity in Pianoteq, if my keyboard doesn't send note off velocity information?
Am I missing something?
My logic tells me that if my keyboard doesn't have this function, not metter how I calibrate it with Pianoteq, all Pianoeq can get from my keyboard is 1 or 0.

Re: Pianoteq note off velocity and velocity calibration on Casio PX-5S

There's no point in calibrating it if your keyboard doesn't support it.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

There's no point in calibrating it if your keyboard doesn't support it.

I understand, thank you.

And how important is note off velocity data transmission for piano realism experience?

You don't have to calibrate it, but be aware that you can adjust the NOTE OFF mapping to map to a different OFF velocity and this does affect the decay rate of the sounds.  I'd suggest you experiment a bit and see what happens  It's easy enough to see what value is being sent by your keyboard on the graph and to adjust the curve to map that to any other value you want.  It can be useful for getting a different effect sometimes.

StephenG